Friday, 18 May 2012

Fitting Central Locking Solenoid

Having made the passenger door (hopefully) water tight again there was one job left that I wanted to do before putting all the trim back on the door - fit central locking!

Yes I know that this is a '76 van and I'm trying to keep it quite original, but that doesn't mean I can't have a few more modern luxuries hidden away.

I'd already fitted a remote alarm a couple of weeks back, and that alarm had all the stuff built in to control central locking and so it was just a case of fitting the locking solenoid in to the door and wiring it up.



Unlike most things, this job went nice and smoothly.  There isn't much space in these old doors and with the solenoid in place there must have been less than 2mm clearance between it and the window glass when the window is being wound down. But it did fit and worked first time when I wired it up :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment